The Many Benefits of Switching to LED Lighting

LED Strip Lights - Photo by lightpublic.com

LED light bulbs are the future of lighting and if you haven’t made the switch yet in your home, you are missing out on a lot of benefits.

The advantages of using LED bulbs are many and in the future, these lighting fixtures will be even more powerful and cheap.

It is predicted that LED bulbs will be powerful enough to replace incandescent lighting when it comes to everyday use in our homes, as well as our street lights, offices and outdoor signs.

So what are some of the main benefits to using LED Lights, such as the ones you will find at lightbulbwholesaler.com? Here are some of the advantages to using these lights:

Longer Life Span

One of the main advantages of using LED energy saving bulbs is that they have a much longer life span – up to 8 to 10 times longer – than standard halogen lamps.

This means that your maintenance costs will be much lower because you will not need to replace your bulbs so often.

Energy Efficient

LED energy efficients - Image Wikipedia Creative Commons Compared to a standard halogen light bulb, an LED light is much more efficient.

A 50W halogen bulb will only turn 10% of the energy it uses into light, with the other 90% being wasted as heat.

However, an LED light bulb will use only 15% of the energy that a standard halogen uses, while still providing 85% of the light output and producing much less heat.

This means that when you are using LED bulbs, your air conditioning costs will be cheaper because they will not be producing heat.

Less Likely to Break

LED bulbs are also much less likely to break and burn out.

They have no filaments, so they are able to withstand a greater shock and vibration than a standard light – which makes them more durable with less risk of breaking.

This means that they can be used in outdoor lights, subject to adverse weather conditions and protected from vandalism.

They are also ideal for use on construction sites.

Also, LED lights are able to function in extremely hot or cold temperatures, unlike fluorescent lights which struggle to function in low temperatures.

This means that LED lights can be used for the inside of freezer rooms and outdoor lighting in very cold climates.

Quick to Light Up

A standard compact fluorescent light will take a second or two to switch on and might flicker for a while at first.

However, an LED light will start at full brightness in an instant – every time. This is why LED Lights are used at automotive lights, traffic signalling and flashing signs.

Safer to Handle

Another advantage to using LED lights is that they operate at a low voltage.

This means that they are cool to touch and they will be much safer to handle when you are performing maintenance and installation.

Also, it is safer for them to be exposed to snow and rain.

Ecologically Friendly

LED light bulbs are not only easier on your maintenance bills, they are also free of toxic chemicals.

The average conventional fluorescent light bulb contains a number of toxic materials, including mercury.

These toxins are harmful to humans and to the environment.

However, an LED light will contain no toxic materials and they are 100% recyclable.

Also, because they have a much longer operational time that means that one LED light bulb will save the material and production involved in the production of several fluorescent or incandescent light bulbs.

Muzeum Narodowe w Warszawie Galeria Sztuki - Wikipedia

Flexibility of Design

An LED can be moulded into any shape, which means that these lights have a number of design possibilities.

An individual LED can be dimmed, which results in a dynamic control of distribution, colour and light.

These lights are perfect for creating dramatic and stylish lighting fixtures that will really make a bold statement in a design, from strings of LED lights to sculptural lamps to sleek and modern light fixtures to chandeliers and much more.

These are just a few of the advantages that using LED bulbs can offer to you.

With so many benefits compared to using traditional fluorescent or incandescent bulbs, there are many reasons to make the switch over to these efficient types of bulbs – so why not give your home a lighting makeover today?

About The Author

 Alan Rosinski
Alan Rosinski is a freelance writer and blogger. He is interested in environmentalism, home design and décor. He writes for a number of blogs about home maintenance and sustainability.